If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I have a weakness for sweet treats. I try and be responsible in my indulgences, making them myself and only using whole, natural ingredients. This Peppermint Coconut Bark is the perfect indulgence - chocolatey, coco-nutty and minty - what more could you want from a sweet treat?
An eBook which I refer to regularly for sweet treat inspiration is Smart Sweets - 30 Desserts To Indulge Your Sweet Tooth by Katie Kimball of Kitchen Stewardship. The book is full of delicious sweet treats, and these are just some of my favorites:
- Fudgy Brownies
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconutty White Cake
- Magic Coconut Pie
- Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Cherry Almond Crepes
This Peppermint Coconut Bark is one of my absolute favorite recipes from Smart Sweets and luckily Katie has given permission to share this recipe with you.
Peppermint Coconut Bark
From Smart Sweets - 30 Desserts To Indulge Your Sweet Tooth
1 Cup Unrefined Coconut Oil (where to find coconut oil)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (where to find vanilla extract)
2 teaspoons Peppermint Extract (where to find peppermint extract)
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder (where to find cocoa powder)
1/4 Cup Raw Honey (where to find raw honey)
1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (where to find unsweetened shredded coconut)
1. Get out a freezer proof large cookie tray and grease it well to prevent your bark from sticking. Check that the tray will comfortably fit in your freezer so there are no accidents when it comes to transferring the bark to the freezer.
2. If your coconut oil is solid then melt it gently over low heat for a more cohesive mixture.
3. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
4. Process until the mixture reaches the texture you desire.
5. Pour the Peppermint Coconut Bark onto your prepared cookie tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm. The thickness is up to you, I prefer mine quite thick but if you'd prefer thinner bark then flatten your mixture accordingly.
6. Break the Peppermint Coconut Bark into pieces and store in your fridge or freezer. Enjoy straight from the fridge/freezer.
In addition to sharing this indulgent recipe with you, I'm also really excited to share this incredible offer with you - For 1 Week Only you can secure your copy of Smart Sweets (which retails for $9.95) as well as the following 4 eBooks (that's 5 in total!) by Kitchen Stewardship for only $7.40 in total:
1. Healthy Snacks To Go
2. Is Your Flour Too Wet
3. The Everything Beans Book
4. The Family Camping Book
Click here to download your bundle now because this bundle is a ridiculous bargain - for less than the cost of 1 book you get all 5!
I'd love to hear from you. What's your favorite sweet treat to indulge in?
Disclosure - this post contains affiliate links.