Friday, March 30, 2012
Mini Beetroot Pancakes
Last week's Sweet Potato Pancakes were such a success, I thought I'd tweak the recipe to include Beetroot Mini Pancakes in this week's Beetroot Cooking Adventures. These Beetroot Mini Pancakes weren't quite as refined looking - but they makes up for their rustic look with a glorious bright color and delicious flavor.
As mentioned in the recipes from earlier in the week for Beetroot and Chocolate Muffins, Beetroot and Lamb Burgers and Beetroot, Coconut and Tofu Risotto, when peeling and grating Beetroot, make sure you have wear disposable gloves to avoid staining your hands and fingers.
Beetroot Mini Pancakes
100g Beetroot, finely grated
1/2 Cup Self Raising Flour
Oil, for frying
1. Combine together all ingredients (except oil) and whisk together until thick and smooth.
2. Place batter in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan. When hot, drop a tablespoonful of batter for each pancake.
4. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
5. You may need to cook the pancakes in batches.
6. Once all are cooked serve with honey, cream cheese or a little homemade jam.