Today is day 3 of the Sweet Potato Adventure. So far, I've used part of a kilo of Sweet Potato Mash in Sweet Potato French Toast and Bran & Sweet Potato Muffins. The third recipe I prepared using the Sweet Potato Mash was Sweet Potato Pancakes.
The Sweet Potato Pancakes were included in lunch for Mr 20 Months, and Hubby & I indulged in the rest. Mr 20 months had his without any topping, and Hubby & I had some with honey and the rest with jam. I prefer the jam myself!
It's a really quick batter to throw together, you could whisk up the batter in the evening and then fry them up and serve the pancakes for breakfast. Fittingly, the Sweet Potato Pancake batter looks like a glowing sun with a soft orange hue - the perfect sight to wake up to!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
1/2 Cup Sweet Potato Mash
2/3 Cup Plain Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup Milk
Oil, for frying
1. In a bowl, beat together all of the ingredients (except the oil) to form a smooth batter.
2. Place the batter in the fridge for at least half an hour to achieve the fluffiest pancakes.
3. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and when hot, drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
4. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and brown the other side.
5. When browned on both sides, remove to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
6. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
7. Serve as is or with a drizzle of honey or spread with a little jam.
Makes about 12 Small Sweet Potato Pancakes
Tomorrow is the final sweet potato recipe of the adventure. Sign up below so you'll receive the final Sweet Potato Recipe (and future Yummy Inspirations Blog Posts!) delivered to your Inbox FREE!
Life as Mom