Today is the final day of The Sweet Potato Recipes Adventure. Over the course of this week, I've share Sweet Potato Recipes using part of a kilo of Sweet Potato Mash in Sweet Potato French Toast, Bran & Sweet Potato Muffins and Sweet Potato Pancakes.The recipe which included the bulk of Sweet Potato Mash is today's Tuna and Sweet Potato Burgers.
Tuna, Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn are a delicious combination - meaning these burgers are irresistible - even for fussy eaters!
They are so simple to prepare. You just mix the Tuna and Sweet Potato together...
Add sweetcorn, egg and seasoning...
Form into patties - I made mostly regular sized for the adults and a few smaller ones for the kids.
Then you place them in the fridge to set.
Once set, pop in a preheated oven to cook to a nice golden color.
Animal Food Picks. He loved the burgers and kept asking for "more,more"! Just what a Mother wants!
1 Large (425g) Tin Tuna
2 Cups Sweet Potato Mash
1 Cup Sweetcorn
1 Egg, beaten
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Line a baking tray with Aluminum Foil and lightly grease it so the burgers don't stick.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato mash and tuna. Add the sweetcorn, egg and seasoning.
3. Form the mixture into burger patties and then place them onto the lined baking tray.
4. Place the tray into the fridge for at least half an hour so the burgers firm up and set. The setting time reduces the risk of the burgers crumbling when cooked.
5. Once the burgers have had their fridge time, preheat the oven to 180°C and place the burgers in the oven when the oven has reached the temperature.
6. Cook for 20 minutes then remove from the oven, turn the burgers over and return to the oven for another 15 minutes to brown the other side. The burgers are cooked when both sides are golden brown.
7. Serve in a burger bun with fresh lettuce and tomato, in a bento lunchbox or a toasted sandwich, as shown above.
If you'd like to add some cute Animal Picks to your collection, you can find them here:
Allergy Free Wednesday; Gluten Free Wednesdays; Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays; Healthy 2Day Wednesdays; Keep It Real Thursday;Pennywise Platter Thursday; Allergy Friendly Friday; Monday Mania;