These Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins are also Kosher for Passover, which is what lead me to come up with a recipe for muffins that the boys can have for snacks and meals during the Passover period.
These are full of wholesome and nutritious ingredients - ground almonds, pumpkin and eggs. The perfect solution when you feel your kids have had one too many pieces of Matzo.
I served 2 mini muffins as part of the boys lunch, in a Passover version of a Muffin Tin Meal. Instead of a muffin tin, I used some cute muffin liners I found and also included some Cucumber Stars and Green Apple Birds.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
2 Cups Ground Almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Cup Mashed Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole muffin tin or two 12 hole mini muffin tins (as I did) with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground almonds, cinnamon and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then whisk in the oil, pumpkin and milk.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Divide the batter between the muffin holes.
6. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and firm.
To recreate the Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins and Muffin Tin Meal, you'll need:
I found the combination of Pumpkin and Almonds to be a particularly yummy flavor combination. What's your favorite muffin flavor combination?
Subscribe to receive the latest blog posts delivered FREE to your inbox: