For this week's Breakfast Ideas Monday, I decided to start by sharing my own Breakfast recipe I enjoyed over the weekend - Nutella & Cinnamon Porridge. Heavenly is a severe understatement for how incredibly delicious this dish is.
I've enjoyed porridge a number of times in the past, usually adding a bit of fruit compote or event a little coconut milk to spice things up a bit. It was only when I had a jar of Nutella in the pantry that I bought for a special Mothers Day Dessert that I thought to stir through just a little of the Nutella through my porridge to see what happens - what a surprise I had when I was met with a rich chocolate dessert type treat - for breakfast!
Nutella & Cinnamon Porridge
3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
1 and 3/4 Cup Boiling Water
1/3 Cup Milk
2 teaspoons Nutella
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Over a medium heat on the stove-top, combine the oats and water.
2. Bubble away for about 10 minutes, until thick and creamy. Add the milk and heat through.
3. Divide the Porridge between two bowls and top each bowl with 1 teaspoon of nutella and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
4. Stir the nutella and cinnamon through to combine and enjoy straight away.
Now, on to Breakfast Ideas Mondays. Last week we had so many delicious entries, it was difficult to pick a favorite few, so here we go!
This Blueberry Muffin in a Teacup,from Calculus to Cupcakes, is the perfect dish for Mothers Day, easy to make and yummy - a gorgeous Mothers Day treat if I ever saw one!
If it's a breakfast drink you're after, then this Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Light, from Skinny Kitchen, ticks all the boxes. It is a light version of treat which packs a caffeine punch to get your day started. Make mine a double!
The final favorite is the (slightly) less healthy Strawberries and Cream Cinnamon French Toast Bake, from What's Cooking, Love? Well, sometimes you've just got to be a bit indulgent and what better way than with a comforting French Toast Bake. It looks divine and I look forward to trying it soon.
Each week I'll feature my favorite Breakfast Ideas from the previous week. Make sure you link back to this page.
Here's the Button for you to grab. Thanks in advance!
Breakfast Ideas Mondays Rules
1. Post a link to your latest Breakfast Creation.
2. Include a link back to Breakfast Ideas Mondays.
3. Visit other participants for some Breakfast Inspiration.