I'm always so inspired by the sensational Breakfast Ideas shared each week, especially the creative pancake recipes. So, at the back of my mind I've been playing with different pancake ideas, and when I came across Coconut Pancakes while flicking through "5 Of The Best" by Valli Little, I knew I had to give it a try, since we LOVE coconut in our family. I adapted the recipe to make it a little lighter and changed the ratios around a little and the results were amazing! These pancakes are a yummy breakfast for the whole family, rich in coconut goodness.
I served the Coconut Pancakes with Caramelized Pineapple in a heart shaped Muffin Tin Meal to Mr 3 and, for being my picky eater, he loved, loved, loved them! He often turns his nose up at pancakes, so it must have been the sweetness and flavor from the coconut which won him over.
Coconut Pancakes with Caramelized Pineapple
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 small pineapple, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, toss the pineapple in the sugar in a small bowl.
3. Once the butter has melted, add the sugared pineapple to the pan and cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides.
4. Remove from the pan and set aside until pancakes are cooked.
Adapted from "5 Of The Best" by Valli Little
1 and 1/2 cups Self Raising flour, sifted
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 Cup Fine Dessicated Coconut
3 Eggs, separated
2/3 Cup Milk
2/3 Cup Coconut Milk
Oil for frying
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar and coconut until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, or a large jug, whisk together the yolks, milk and coconut milk until foamy.
3. Pour the yolk/milk mixture over the flour mixture and mix to form a pancake batter.
4. In a further bowl, beat the egg whites until thick and then fold them through the pancake batter.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. When hot, drop 1/4 of a cup of batter for each pancake and cook until browned on each side.
6. Serve topped with caramelized pineapple.
Makes 12 Pancakes
On to this week's Breakfast Ideas Monday Link Party. Here are the features from last week's delectable party.
Homemade Pop Tarts from The Better Baker - looking forward to making these yummy treats at home following her deliciously simple recipe.
German Style Crispy Potato Cake from A Flock in the City - looks like a giant hash brown... my kids would go crazy for this delicious dish full of potatoey goodness.
Omelet Cups by From Calculus to Cupcakes - the family love the "meal in a cup" concept, so these breakfast cups will be a huge hit in my house!
Each week I'll feature my favorite Breakfast Ideas from the previous week. Make sure you link back to this page.
Here's the Button for you to grab. Thanks in advance!
Breakfast Ideas Mondays Rules
1. Post a link to your latest Breakfast Creation.
2. Include a link back to Breakfast Ideas Mondays.
3. Visit other participants for some Breakfast Inspiration.
I look forward to seeing your Breakfast Ideas this week.
Linking up at: Mix it up Monday; Beautify it Monday; Muffin Tin Monday; Makin You Crave Monday; Must Try Monday; Make your own! Monday; Talent Tuesday; Tuesday Talent Show; Tasty Tuesdays; Tastetastic Thursday;