My Mom asked me if I'd like to make a sweet treat to contribute to her work's Biggest Morning Tea Event, which raises funds for the Cancer Council. I always jump at the chance to bake, and when baking for a food cause - even better. I wanted to make something delicious that would be easy for my Mom to transport and just pop on a plate for serving. Enter Double Chocolate Mini Muffins, the recipe is simple, there were easy to transport and the muffins were so super chocolatey that there was not a single mini muffin left over!
These Double Chocolate Mini Muffins contain no oil or butter, but get their moisture from the goodness of apples. There may be a lack of butter/oil but there is a greedy volume of chocolate which means you enjoy a chocolate hit with every bite. So really, these double chocolate muffins are both naughty and nice!
Double Chocolate Mini Muffins
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1/3 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup Applesauce
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Cocoa, dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of Boiling Water
1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line two 12 hole mini muffin trays with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy then whisk in the applesauce, milk and cocoa. Mix until well combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Briefly fold the chocolate chips through the muffin mixture - careful not to overmix or you'll end up with tough muffins.
6. Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin trays and place in the preheated oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm.
Make 24 to 30 Double Chocolate Mini Muffins
Linking up at: ;Allergy Free Wednesday; Whole Food Wednesday;What's For Lunch Wednesday; Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff Thursday; Tastetastic Thursday; House of Hepworth; Sugar & Spice; Showcase Your Talent Thursday; Sweets for a Saturday; Strut Your Stuff Saturday; Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday; Tuesday Talent Show; Talent Tuesday;