We love Big Breakfast Fry Ups in our house. A Hearty meal that's warming on a cold Melbourne Winter morning is a great way to start the day - even better when it includes a yummy serve of veggies.
I like to fry up an onion and mushrooms until they are softened, then I move the veggies to form a circle around the edge of the pan and crack the eggs in the center, so the whites cook into the vegetables at the edges. Here's the delicious dish in the frying pan, with the egg whites not quite set just yet.
Healthy Breakfast Fry Up
1 onion, diced (I used a red onion, but you could use an ordinary brown onion too)
12 Button Mushrooms, sliced
Oil, for frying
4 Slices of Bread
1. Soften the diced onion and sliced mushrooms in a little oil in a large frying pan, over medium heat on the stove top.
2. Once softened, pop the bread down for the toast and fry the eggs. (My toaster is pretty slow and takes as long as the eggs to cook, so if you have a quick toaster, make the toast a little later!)
3. When the toast has popped, place it on your plate and top with the cooked vegetables and eggs.
Here are the delicious features from last week's Breakfast Ideas Monday.
Lemon Pecan Loaf from The Big Green Bowl - looks light and fresh and delicious. The family loves all things lemon and I love including nutritious nuts in most of my baked goods - so this loaf ticks all the boxes!
Amazing Coconut Cannellini Cream Cheese from Vegan Mommy Chef - I'm always on the hunt for healthy versions of family favorites... am looking forward to giving this recipe a go with the kids.
Sausage and Egg Tostada from MJ's Kitchen - we're experiencing cold winter morning's here in Melbourne, so this would be an incredibly hearty and warming breakfast, must give it a try!
Each week I'll feature my favorite Breakfast Ideas from the previous week. Make sure you link back to this page.
Here's the Button for you to grab. Thanks in advance!
Breakfast Ideas Mondays Rules
1. Post a link to your latest Breakfast Creation.
2. Include a link back to Breakfast Ideas Mondays.
3. Visit other participants for some Breakfast Inspiration.
I look forward to seeing your Breakfast Ideas this week.