Warning!! These Popcorn and Peanut Butter Cupcakes are terribly addictive… they are salty and sweet, crunchy and gooey… and you WILL find it a challenge to stop at just one. (but don’t let that stop you from indulging in these heavenly treats…)
I’ve made the ‘sauce’ for this recipe a number of time and have poured it over plain popcorn, popcorn and nuts and some other combinations. This combination of Popcorn, Peanuts and Puffed Brown Rice Cereal is the winner in my book.
It is mouth watering just looking at the “caramel” coated bowl of sweet and gooey goodies. You could just enjoy the treat straight from the bowl. However, I’ve recommended the “healthy” option of portioning out the Popcorn and Peanut Butter in cupcake wrappers, so you can limit the kids to “one cupcake” each.
The Puffed Rice (pictured above) plays a tiny trick on your brain – becoming soft and gooey, giving the illusion of high calorie marshmallows, when you’re really enjoying some nutritious puffed brown rice! Maybe that’s a bit of a stretch… but it’s my opinion on the taste sensation when you enjoy these Popcorn and Peanut Butter Cupcakes.
I allowed the boys to have one each a day as a special treat. I served it as part of a Bento Lunchbox, along with some bear shaped red peppers, pasta and beef & mushroom stew leftovers, served with little red auto food picks.
Popcorn and Peanut Butter Cupcakes
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (where to find peanut butter)
1/2 Cup Honey
4 Cups Popped Popcorn
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Cup 100% Puffed Brown Rice Cereal
1. In a small saucepan on the stove, combine the Peanut Butter and Honey. Stir over a low heat and warm to loosen the mixture to a runny sauce.
2. Set the Peanut Butter/Honey Sauce aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts and puffed rice cereal and mix to combine.
4. Pour the Peanut Butter/Honey Sauce over the popcorn mixture and stir quickly to evenly distribute the sauce through the popcorn mixture.
5. Place tablespoons of the “batter” into cupcake wrappers. They can be enjoyed immediately or left to set a little.
Makes 12 Popcorn and Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.