You'll love this cake! Not only is it delicious, it's also super quick to prepare - you simply throw all the ingredients into your food processor and mix until super smooth.
This cake is perfect on it's own or spread with one of the following topping suggestions:
- Double Cream (as I did in the photo above)
- Cream Cheese
- Grated Chocolate (if you don't have a problem with digesting chocolate!)
- Finely Grated Orange Rind
- For a Chocolate Hazelnut Cake mix through a tablespoon of cocoa dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water, allow to cool then process with the rest of the cake ingredients below.
- For an Orange Hazelnut Cake mix through the rind of 1 orange and juice of half and orange, careful to ensure no pips are mixed in.
- Or you could include both of the above suggestions for a Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Cake.
- You could also replace the ground hazelnuts with ground almonds for a Grain Free Almond Cake.
150g (5.29oz) Hazelnut Meal
1/4 Cup Raw Honey
50g (1.76oz) Unsalted Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/338°F and grease a cake tin.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until thick and smooth, which takes a couple of minutes.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
4. Place the cake tin into the preheated oven.
5. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then remove from the cake tin and enjoy with any of the above topping suggestions.
Shared at: Gluten Free Wednesdays; Allergy Free Wednesday; Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways; Full Plate Thursday; Creative Juice; Wednesdays Adorned From Above; Fight Back Friday; Simple Lives Thursday; Sunday School; Homestead Barn Hop; Weekend Gourmet; Make Your Own Monday;
Disclosure - this post contains affiliate links