You’ll love this cake! Not only is it delicious, it’s also super quick to prepare – you simply throw all the ingredients into your food processor and mix until super smooth.
This cake is perfect on it’s own or spread with one of the following topping suggestions:
- Double Cream (as I did in the photo above)
- Cream Cheese
- Grated Chocolate (if you don’t have a problem with digesting chocolate!)
- Finely Grated Orange Rind
You could also make the following variations to the cake:
- For a Chocolate Hazelnut Cake mix through a tablespoon of cocoa dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water, allow to cool then process with the rest of the cake ingredients below.
- For an Orange Hazelnut Cake mix through the rind of 1 orange and juice of half and orange, careful to ensure no pips are mixed in.
- Or you could include both of the above suggestions for a Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Cake.
- You could also replace the ground hazelnuts with ground almonds for a Grain Free Almond Cake.
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/338°F and grease a cake tin.
2. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until thick and smooth, which takes a couple of minutes.
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin.
4. Place the cake tin into the preheated oven.
5. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then remove from the cake tin and enjoy with any of the above topping suggestions.
If you’re looking for more grain free recipes, then check out my newly launched eBook – The Grain Free Lunch Box. I wrote the book specifically to help parents prepare lunch boxes for children with allergies, though there are tons of hints and tips which apply too all parents. The eBook includes 50+ Grain, Gluten, Nut, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free Recipes, Lunch Box Organization & Planning, Lunch Box Nutrition and more!
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links