We all lead such busy lives, that anything which helps save time is incredibly valuable in the long run.
Here are 12 Time Saving Kitchen Tips which will help speed up your time spent in the kitchen:
1. Pre-chop vegetables and then store in your fridge or freezer, depending on when you’ll be using them. When we were preparing for The GAPS Diet last year, I peeled, chopped and froze a number of pumpkins while they were still in season.
2. Pre-chop fruit for lunch boxes and store ready for snacks through the week and lunch box packing.
3. Make enough food at one meal to last for 2 meals – leftover meals are a wonderful way to save on prep and cooking time.
4. Keep your pantry stocked with ingredients for speedy meals such as tuna and pasta for those meals when cooking from scratch just isn’t an option.
5. Instead of using slower cooking rice, use speedy risoni for an alternate risotto-type dish.
6. Leave carrots and potatoes unpeeled for dishes that you can get away with not peeling them. This saves peeling time and adds nourishing fiber to the meal.
7. When preparing meals like burgers, shape them the night before or morning for dinner, so they’re all ready to go and it’s simply a matter of cooking them at mealtime.
8. Make frozen vegetables your friend – my kids often enjoy a healthy portion of frozen organic vegetables for their dinner. When cooked in bone broth the peas become infused with additional nutrients.
9. Preparing a number of meals at one time and then having them ready and waiting in the freezer is an incredible time saver.
10. Clean as you go – have soapy water in the sink and clean dishes/utensils as you use them so it’s not a huge clean up job at the end. Also clean work surfaces as you go.
11. Kitchen Scissors – are handy for speedily chopping herbs, spring onions and I even use mine to quickly chop chicken breasts and thighs for casseroles.(where to find kitchen scissors)
12. Keep as organized as possible, whether menu planning or making a weekly schedule – having a plan on how you’ll be allocating your weekly cooking time will prevent you from going around in circles in your kitchen!
Those are just a few of my most useful time saving kitchen tips. Do you have any to add? Please share your tips in the comments.
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure -This post contains affiliate links.