You may not think that Chopped Chicken Liver Pâté would appeal to kids, let alone be a healthy snack idea for kids, but they may just surprise you and enjoy this supremely nourishing ingredient.
- An excellent source of high-quality protein
- Nature’s most concentrated source of vitamin A
- All the B vitamins in abundance, particularly vitamin B12
- A highly usable form of iron
- Trace elements such as copper, zinc and chromium; liver is our best source of copper
- An unidentified anti-fatigue factor
- CoQ10, a nutrient that is especially important for cardio-vascular function
- A good source of purines, nitrogen-containing compounds that serve as precursors for DNA and RNA.
Yes, the amazing superfood provides all the above essential nutrients in every bite! That’s more than enough of a good reason to find a number of ways to include liver in our diet.
To date I have served Chopped Chicken Liver Pâté on toast and made burgers with liver hidden in them and the kids usually enjoy the nourishing ingredient in those variations.
My latest Liver experiment involved topping a few halved cherry tomatoes with Chicken Liver Pâté as an innocent snack for the kids. They absolutely loved it! Helped that they adore cherry tomatoes to start with so the combination was a real treat. The adults enjoyed the flavor combination too and it’s a snack I’ll be adding to my healthy kids snack rotation.
To make the Chopped Chicken Liver Pâté, I followed the recipe from Nourishing Traditions. I’ve tried a number of Chicken Liver Pâté Recipes over time, as it also happens to be a favorite dish of my Husband, and the recipe in Nourishing Traditions is our absolute favorite. If you don’t already own the inspirational book then Click here to add Nourishing Traditions to your cookbook collection.
I’d love to hear from you – please share your favorite way to enjoy liver in the comments.
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Sharing at: Allergy Free Wednesday; Encourage One Another Wednesday; Healthy 2Day Wednesdays; Works For Me Wednesday; Wednesday Linky Party; Gluten Free Wednesday; Wonderful Food Wednesday; Real Food Wednesday;
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.