I’ve been waiting all year for Parsnips to come into season here in Australia as I’ve been wanting to adapt a delicious sounding Roasted Parsnip Dish I found in Nigella Lawson – Feast.
On a recent Farmers Market Visit I picked up a couple of parsnips and got straight to cooking a couple of batches of these delicious Maple Roasted Parsnip Chips – much to my family’s delight!
These Maple Roasted Parsnip Chips are super simple to prepare – start by melting a quarter of a cup of coconut oil (where to find coconut oil).
Then peel and chip your parsnips into chip sized pieces, place them into an oven proof dish and mix through the melted coconut oil and drizzle over maple syrup. (where to find maple syrup)
Then, place the parsnip chips into the oven and cook for 15 minutes and remove from the oven to turn the chips over before a final 10 to 15 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool slightly once cooked as they become incredibly hot!
Adapted from Nigella Lawson - Feast
- 500g (1.1 pounds) Parsnips
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F) and get out an oven proof dish.
- Peel the parsnips and cut them into chip sized pieces and place into the oven proof dish.
- Pour over the coconut oil and distribute evenly.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and stir to combine well.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the parsnips over to allow the other side to brown.
- Place back in the oven and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before serving to the family.
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson – Feast – a book which is much loved in my cookbook collection. Click below to add it to your collection:
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Parsnip? These Maple Roasted Parsnip Chips are ours!
Never miss a post! Enter your email for free blog updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – This Post Contains Affiliate Links.