This 3 Ingredient Soba Noodle Salad is the ideal lunch for those times when you’re incredibly busy and want a nourishing, comforting dish.
I often make this a day in advance and have it ready and waiting in the fridge for the next day’s lunch, and I’m always relieved when it’s there!
I’ve adapted this recipe from Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson. Nigella’s version includes spring onions and a sauce made by combining honey, rice wine vinegar and other delicious ingredients. I prefer the salad to simply be drizzled with tamari, which is a nourishing, fermented soy sauce. (where to find tamari)
This recipe may be a little plain and simple, but my family loves it, in fact my Husband adores this for his packed lunch for work – he devours the whole lot gratefully!
Adapted from Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson
- 270g/9.5oz Packet Soba Noodles(where to find soba noodles)
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds(where to find sesame seeds)
- 4 Tablespoons Tamari (where to find tamari)
- Cook the Soba Noodles according to your packet directions. Mine needed just 4 minutes in boiling water before being drained and rinsed a couple of times to cool right down.
- Heat a large frying pan/skillet over medium heat and, when hot, pour the sesame seeds on and cook, tossing regularly, until browned and toasted.
- Remove the sesame seeds from the frying pan/skillet once browned to prevent them burning.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the cooked Soba Noodles and drizzle over the tamari.
- Stir well to combine and enjoy straight away or place in the fridge to allow the flavor to develop further and be ready and waiting for your next meal or even to take for a picnic.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Soba Noodles?
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – This Post Contains Affiliate Links