This Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe (which happens to be Grain Free) is dedicated to my wonderful Husband, as today is Fathers Day and it’s his absolute favorite cake.
I make this Chocolate Orange Cake for my Husband for Birthdays, Fathers Day and Special Occasions (or when he asks me really, really nicely to make it for him!). He’s adores sweet treats that combine orange and chocolate and this cake is the ultimate – rich and dense chocolate cake with a beautiful orange flavor!
The cake is pretty much like a cooked chocolate mousse. The ingredients are similar to my favorite Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe, with the addition of almond flour and sugar to transform the batter into a cake when cooked.
Adapted from The Book Of Jewish Food by Claudia Roden
- 200g/7oz Dark Chocolate (where to find dark chocolate)
- 125g4.4oz Unsalted Butter
- 6 Eggs, Separated
- 1/4 Cup Raw Sugar (where to find raw sugar)
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (where to find almond flour)
- Grated Rind of 1 Orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F and grease a round cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over a low heat on the stovetop then set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until thick.
- Stir the cooled chocolate, almond flour and orange rind through the yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until thick, white and fluffy.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites through the yolk/chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.
This Chocolate Orange Cake needs no icing – it’s rich, chocolatey & divine! It’s not a wonder that it’s my Husband’s favorite cake – it’s one of mine too!
Will you be making any special treats this Fathers Day? Please share in the comments!
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Sharing at: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday;
Disclosure – This Post Contains Affiliate Links