This Crispy Asparagus Fries Recipe is Grain Free, making it GAPS Diet, Paleo Friendly and super yummy too!
Over the weekend we took the kids to South Melbourne Market and there was an abundance of Asparagus everywhere we turned. So, we bought a couple of bunches and I got straight to making the kids a healthy snack with them – Crispy Asparagus Fries.
To make the crispy asparagus fries, it pays to be organized and get your beaten egg and almond flour mixture set out and ready to go.
When frying, I find that tongs are the perfect tool to help safely rotate the asparagus to ensure they brown evenly, while being able to keep a safe arms distance away from the hot frying pan. (Where to find tongs)
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour (where to find almond flour)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Coconut Oil, for frying (where to find coconut oil)
- Chop the woody ends off the asparagus.
- Beat the egg in a bowl large enough to hold the asparagus.
- Combine the almond flour and seasoning in a 2nd bowl, also big enough to hold the asparagus.
- Dip the asparagus into the egg and then dredge in the almond flour mixture to coat.
- Place onto a plate and continue until the whole bunch of asparagus is crumbed. You may need to add another tablespoon or two of almond flour to the bowl if you run out.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- When hot, carefully place the crumbed asparagus into the frying pan.
- Using tongs, carefully turn the asparagus until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve as is or with homemade tomato sauce, mayonnaise or other preferred sauce.
My kids absolutely adore these fries! They make the perfect healthy kids snack or vegetable side dish, regardless of whether you’re following a grain free diet or just want to enjoy a nourishing dish.
With Asparagus Season in full swing here in Australia, I’d love your suggestion of your favorite asparagus recipe!
Want more inspiration? Then Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for all sorts of Yummy Inspirations, like these 2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes:
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – This Post Contains Affiliate Links