This Maple & Cinnamon Ice Cream is from the delicious eBook “Just Making Ice Cream” by Marillyn of Just Making Noise.
As a side note, I’m completely in love with the eBook Cover for “Just Making Ice Cream“. Don’t you want to just lick your screen?!
The original recipe includes 3/4 cup of chopped pecans. You’re welcome to include them when you make the recipe, we are just simply not a pecan-loving family. Yes, I could have substituted with another nut, but Maple & Cinnamon happen to be 2 of my very favorite flavors so I wanted this ice cream to be pure & simple bliss – with no nuts!
Adapted From Just Making Ice Cream by Marillyn Beard
- 1.5 Cups Cream (or Coconut Cream)
- 1.5 Cups Milk (or Coconut Milk)
- 0.5 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Of Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Powder (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together.
- If the mixture is still cold after whisking then you can place it straight into the ice cream maker, if it's slightly warmed, then place it in the fridge until chilled before churning.
- Once churned, you can serve immediately or place in the freezer to harden for a while.
- Note that if you don't have an ice cream maker, Marillyn has no-maker methods included in her eBook.
Needless to say, I couldn’t wait for the Ice Cream to harden in the freezer, and enjoyed a soft, creamy bowlful straight from the ice cream maker! The kids adored it too (of course!) – I love knowing that the ingredients in the sweet treat they are consuming are all natural and actually providing them with nourishment – rather than being processed junk, void of anything natural and harmful to their little bodies.
The Maple & Cinnamon Ice Cream was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good – sweet, but not too sweet and the PERFECT combination of maple syrup & cinnamon… you’ve got to try it!
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.
Sharing at: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday; Two Cup Tuesday; Tuesday Talent Show; Allergy Free Wednesday; Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways; Healthy 2Day Wednesday; Works For Me Wednesday; Gluten Free Wednesdays; Wonderful Food Wednesday; Real Food Wednesday; Party Wave Wednesday; Thank Your Body Thursday; Tasty Traditions; The Pin It Party;