I made these Grain Free Banana and Macadamia Muffins as an afternoon snack and there were some leftover the next day and they made the PERFECT breakfast on the go!
I seriously LOVE Macadamia Nuts – they’re just the most indulgent of the nut family and always bring an element of decadence to the treat they are incorporated into.
Don’t you just love the rich yellow of the yolks – you can always tell when the eggs are from free range, happy chickens who graze freely on natural pasture…
This is a great recipe to cook with the kids. It’s simply a matter of mixing the wet ingredients together and then stirring through the coconut flour and nuts. I like to give each of my kids a “job” to do and then slowly move through incorporating each ingredient.
I found these muffin/cupcake liners while out and about the other week and I just couldn’t resist them. Partly because they look so cute and also because they have this written on the bottom… so I’m just doing what I’m told! 😛
This actually reminds me of this Simpsons clip. Probably one of my favorite episodes and a line I quote over and over – “the cookie told me so… well, desserts aren’t always right… by they’re so sweet!” Oh and of course the other priceless quote from the clip – “Oh Margie… you came and you found me a turkey on my vacation away from workey”. Enjoy! (And apologies for the name of the clip!)
Sorry about the slight deviation from the recipe. Got a little side-tracked and had to share! Now… on to the recipe.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (where to find coconut oil)
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey (where to find raw honey)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mashed Banana (from 1 medium banana)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (where to find vanilla extract)
- 1/4 Cup Milk (or dairy free substitute)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour (where to find coconut flour)
- 1/2 Cup Macadamias, quartered (where to find macadamias)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F and line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together over low heat until softened and fully liquid then remove from the heat to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until smooth and then beat in the banana, vanilla, milk and honey/coconut oil mixture.
- Mix the coconut flour through the batter and stir until well incorporated.
- Fold the macadamias through the batter and then distribute the muffin batter amongst the prepared muffin liners.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
The Banana & Macadamia Muffins are simply perfect! They are moist and sweet while being crunchy and almost savory-ish from the macadamias.
Clearly I adore macadamias, how about you? Are you a fan of the nourishing nut?
Want more Macadamia deliciousness? Check out these divine Macadamia & Coconut Fudge!
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.