This dish simply is what the title says: Potato Perfection! I’m sharing the recipe partly to share the deliciousness with you and partly so I can refer back and make it again and again because my family went CRAZY for it!!
I was inspired by a recipe I found in Claudia Roden’s book “The Food Of Spain” – Potatoes with fried onions and eggs – though that recipe title is a description of the dish – potato perfection more clearly describes how AMAZING this simple dish is. Yes, it doesn’t appear to be incredibly appealing at first glance from the pot but it truly is delicious…
Feel free to mix through your chopped herb of choice (Claudia suggests Parsley), or even feta or another cheese to add an element of saltiness.
I’ve served this as a side dish, my kids have eaten a portion as their dinner and I’ve even quickly whipped up a portion of this delicious dish in the morning for my (lucky) Husband to take to work for lunch! A truly versatile dish!
Adapted from The Food Of Spain by Claudia Roden.
- 0.5 Kg (1.1 pounds) Potatoes
- 2 Onions
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- Coconut Oil or Butter for frying
- Salt to taste
- Chop the potatoes in half, place them in a pot and cover them with water.
- Place the pot of potatoes on the stovetop over medium heat, bring up to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until just tender and able to be pierced with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove them from the heat, drain them and chop them into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions.
- Heat a little coconut oil or butter in a large frying pan and cook the onions over medium heat until softened, adding more oil or butter if you think it needs it.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the chopped, cooked potatoes and a little more butter/oil. Cook until the potatoes are golden to your liking.
- Once you're happy with the potatoes, pour over the beaten eggs and cream and mix continuously to scramble the eggs amongst the potato mixture.
- Cook until the eggs are just cooked but not over cooked.
- Remove from the heat, salt to taste and enjoy!
The finished dish is complete savory potatoey goodness… that I just can’t get enough of!
I’m sure that you have these ingredients in your house and I seriously urge you to make it TODAY – you’ll thank me
I’ve been enjoying cooking my way through the recipes in “The Food Of Spain“. Click below to add this beautiful book to your cookbook collection:
Want more potato deliciousness? Click here for our family favorite Potato Pancakes Recipe!
Never Miss A Post! Enter Your Email For Free Blog Updates:
Rest assured that your email address is safe and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.