7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update

Share on YummlyPin on Pinterest

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update – Month of travel, weight loss results, getting back into Ketosis, before and after pictures and video.

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update - Month of travel, weight loss results, getting back into Ketosis, before and after pictures and video.

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update

In last month’s weight loss update I mentioned that due to my upcoming trip to Japan and Singapore, I planned to slowly ease off Keto, so that I could not worry too much about carbs etc. while on holiday.

And, that’s just what I did. I increased my carbs with every meals – more vegetables and non-keto ingredients found their way onto my plate. Even though I wasn’t Keto, I was still low carb – not going for bread/pasta/pizza etc.

While on holiday, every day I consumed a little more carbs than the day before. It was a gradual, natural process and so I believe that I didn’t overwhelm my system and didn’t feel the usual bloat or awful feelings that come with going off Keto.

Towards the end of my trip I even had the most AMAZING ice cream ever in Tokyo (watch the video below to see what I’m talking about) and also had a few chopsticks full of noodles in Singapore.

I have ZERO regrets about how I ate through the holiday. It was about 80% low carb, high fat foods and the other 20% foods that I wouldn’t usually eat. It definitely is possible to keep keto while traveling, I just chose to eat intuitively and enjoy my time without stressing about food.

Getting Back Into Keto

On day one back in Australia I got straight back into Keto and am working towards getting back into Ketosis – one meal at a time.

Here’s a video of my full day of eating, first day back. Hit play below or click here to watch on YouTube.

Weight Loss Results

So, while my holiday eating strayed from Keto towards the end, when I got back I was curious to see how the scales would move.

I was surprised to have only gained 200 grams! Which I quickly lost in the following days, losing 1/2 kg within a few days of being back.

My total 7 month Keto Diet Weight Loss is 16kg/35lbs, which I’m thrilled with, considering the past month I’ve been slowly straying from Keto.

Before and After Pictures

For my before photo this month, I’m sharing a ghastly photo of me from my pre-keto days. My sister had this photo show as a memory on Facebook from a couple of years back. (I was holding her daughter, who I have cropped out.) She sent me the photo and I was flabbergasted! I can’t believe I had let myself get to the point I had… I think the photo says more than I could…

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update - Month of travel, weight loss results, getting back into Ketosis, before and after pictures and video.

No words… just shock and awe at how far I’ve come since then thanks to my Keto Diet Weight Loss.

This month’s after picture is from my holiday where I had a MASSIVE Non Scale Victory. I wore a sleeveless dress without a top underneath for the first time in FOREVER! I usually wear a top underneath and over and maybe a scarf too to cover up my arms.

But, when I was in Singapore, it was just SO hot and humid that I threw my insecurities out the window and went sleeveless…

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update - Month of travel, weight loss results, getting back into Ketosis, before and after pictures and video.

It felt amazing and next summer I plan to be sleeveless more often!

7 Month Keto Diet Weight Loss Update Video

Here’s my 7 month Keto Diet Weight Loss update video, where I talk you through all this and more in detail. Hit play below or click here to watch on YouTube.

I launched the Quick Start To Keto Diet recently to help those of you wanting to start the Keto Diet but not sure how to begin. It’s the helping hand I would have loved when I started and I put it together to help you. Click here to learn more.

Keto Diet Quick Start Guide

Subscribe to receive the FREE weekly newsletter, packed full of easy recipes and food inspiration plus exclusive, subscriber only content. Click here to Subscribe by Email.


Disclaimer – this post is meant for informational post only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please consult with your health professional before making any dietary changes.

Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.

Share on YummlyPin on Pinterest